----- Original message -----
From: "Andrew G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ubuntu-au@lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:48:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: eeePC

Hi there.

I have a close friend thinking about getting one. She is concerned
that the screen resolution will be too low (like 640x800). She likes
to view heaps of items simultaneously on her desktop... what is the
resolution like on the eeePC? I haven't seen one yet... may get into
Good Guys today.. I guess I'm wondering what it is like to work on a
PC with a small screen? Especially for things like typing up
assignments..

thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew

The eeePC has a very small screen, it is fine for doing things on the
run or for short periods in the library or whatever, but can be too
small if you need lots of screen real estate. One of the handy features
is the monitor out socket .. this last week I have been away from home
and had my eeePC hooked up to a CRT monitor at the house I am staying
in. It is comfortably running at 1024x768 on the big(ger) screen.

Cheers
Mark