Hi Peter, Andre and All,

On 02/02/2008, Peter Garrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 14:34:12 +1100
> pew_from_hobart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I did the command you suggested above  ( $ cat /etc/papersize ) and the
> > reply was:
> >
> > a4
> >
> > Does that mean that I don't need to do any further commands???
>
> Did you look at the URLs that Andre supplied in his post?

I had missed Andre's post but I went back and found it. This is the URL
Andre supplied:

http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Dell-Photo_AIO_Printer_922

And in it my printer is described as a "paperweight". Eg it's useless as a
printer because the only drivers for it are M$ Windows based drivers ;-(

I would have to say that your printer might simply not be compatible with
> Linux, assuming that Andre is right...
>
> Does the printer work at all?

No, the printer does not work at all !!!

Could be time to get another printer. There are lots of printers that work
> fine with Linux - see for example
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportComponentsPrinters
>
> Most HP, Epson and Brother printers seem to be well supported, for
> example.

Thank you for the links (URLs).

*** What printers do ppl here recommend for use with Linux UBUNTU ???

I don't want to spend a lot of $$ on a printer, cos money is tight *SMILE*.

Can someone please recommend a printer which is well supported and won't
cost an arm and a leg. *SMILE*

Also, do All-in-one (printer / scanners) work with Linux UBUNTU ??? As I
miss having a working scanner.

Yours Sincerely,

PEW  ;-)))

from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Peter

> --
> "INX Is Not X" Live CD based on Ubuntu 7.04 : http://inx.maincontent.net
> Screenshots slideshow: http://inx.maincontent.net/album/1.png.html
>
> --
>

> --
Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is:
http://pewtas.googlepages.com  (or)  http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)