Greetings Tatian,

A couple of questions?
- Is EHD - External hard drive?
- Can you boot from this harddrive? (This would be a BIOS setting.
Most modern computers can.)
- What sort of computer do you have?

If you have ordered the 32bit 7.10 CDRom you can boot from the CD
itself, and have a play without actually installing anything directly.
This is called a 'liveCD'.

- Whare do you live? Are you in Australia? (ubuntu-au is the
Australian Ubuntu Team)
  It might be able to get some to help you who's closer to where you
live, or point you to a local Linux User Group (LUG).

Cheers,
Paul