On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Daniel Mons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jaydear wrote:
> > I'd really like to get K7-10 up and running, but IMO it's not
> > friendly. Maybe I've been spoiled by friendly OS-X and various Windows
> > iterations. The Samba thing is way too frustrating. Over the years
> > I've set up plenty of PCs (Win 3.11 through to XP) and more recently
> > Macs and got the networking fine tuned and on the www without dramas
> > or any tech support, so why is setting up the same thing on Kubuntu so
> > bleeding hard?
>
> My first suggestion to you is to use Ubuntu.  Kubuntu is a wonderful
> product, but like it or not it is not the official distribution.  All of
> the baseline documentation is written for Ubuntu.

As a Kubuntu user, I can attest that Ubuntu is better polished. I would
suggest that you install that first. If you still desire KDE, you can install
the kubuntu-desktop package, which will give you all the goodness of Kubuntu.
The next time you log in, pick KDE and you'll get a Kubuntu environment.

--
Your toaster doesn't crash. Your television doesn't crash.
Why should your computer? http://www.linux.org.au/linux