Hi;

Take a look at http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

Photo-Rec is file data recovery software designed to recover
lost files including video, documents and archives from Hard
Disks and CDRom and lost pictures (thus, its 'Photo
Recovery' name) from digital camera memory. PhotoRec ignores
the filesystem and goes after the underlying data, so it
will still work even if your media's filesystem has been
severely damaged or re-formatted.

PhotoRec is free, this open source multi-platform
application is distributed under GNU Public License.
PhotoRec is a companion program to TestDisk, an app for
recovering lost partitions on a wide variety of filesystems
and making non-bootable disks bootable again.

Hope this helps;

Cheers;

Matthew