Hi Julius

You can certain install in 157MB of RAM, however I would most strongly
suggest using the Alternate Desktop CD to install with.  On the
www.ubuntu.com download page, you can check "Check here if you need
the alternate desktop CD. This CD does not include the Live CD,
instead it uses a text-based installer," to download this version of
the installer.

I have successfully installed Ubuntu on 128MB of RAM with the
alternate CD without any issues (however the OS was a little 'laggy'
when running due to the low memory), whereas using the LiveCD install
would virtually make this impossile with this amount of RAM.

As a general guide, if your system has anything less than 384MB of
RAM, use the Alternate CD to install Ubuntu.

I hope this is of some help!

Daniel