>> Hi David
>>           Vi can be confusing - the commands to write out the file are
>> normally shown down the bottom of the open file - ctrl+o to write,
>> ctrl+x to exit.
>>

> Those commands are for pico/nano.  The are not vi commands.
>
> Vi uses :w for write, :q for quit, etc.

oops :)
Hi David,
    1. I've never had gksu lock me out of /etc/sudoers - don't know what
the issue could be there...
    2. Using the hostname of the computer is fine - the line would be
[username] [hostname] = NOPASSWD: /bin/mount, /bin/umount
    3. If you can't edit the file with gksu gedit then using Mons cheat
sheet you should be able to do it in visudo
    Hope it helps
    Paul