Just in a similar vein to Erland's problem:

I've got reiserfs set up on my buntu box, and wanted to know what options
there are for rescuing deleted data.
The Internet recommends rebuilding the fs nodes from an emergency boot [not
an option]. I was wondering what else fellow ubuntu'ers had in mind?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Tim