Junin Toiro wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 8:46 PM, James Takac <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> Hi Guys
>>>
>>> Just trying to cover all my bases on this one. Currently the modem is up
>>> and
>>> running but am experiencing speed probs, i.e. dialup speed on a broadband
>>> connection. Dowload speed is supposed to be 1.5 mips but obviously am not
>>> getting that for any more than a few min once the modem is hard reset,
>>> i.e.
>>> turned off and on again. Been looking online to guage what my prob could
>>> be
>>> to no avail so far. Can supply any info needed to figure this out if any
>>> here
>>> can help. I know it might be line probs, exchange probs, server probs,
>>> modem
>>> settings,...........  Wireless is working fine though (all in one adsl2+
>>> modem and wireless router). Will be thankfull for any attempt

> Hmm, if WiFi is working sounds like a problem with your hard
> connection to said machine not your ISP. How's it connected? LAN/USB?

There's no USB on a G604T, so must be wired Ethernet.

James, do you get LAN speeds between two machines plugged into the
switch ports on the router?  If not, you probably have a cabling
problem.  If so, it's likely something else.  Are you running the latest
firmware?  If not, upgrade it.  Many firmware bugs relate to
compatibility with different DSLAM equipment in the exchange.

If you don't have any luck with those steps, check out the forums at
whirlpool.net.au - there are lots of people there with experience in the
different modems who might have other ideas.

Paul