On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 at 12:35, David Ryder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 12:22 +1000, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 at 08:34, The Wassermans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > > I have just installed Ubuntu 8.04 having been a longtime Windows
> > > addict. I like it!
> > >
> > > How can I obtain optimise the my monitor's performance, particularly
> > > when browsing?
> >
> > You don't want to be changing your resolution - LCD monitors have a
> > 'native' resolution at which everything looks best.
>
> But on my LCD 1024*768 monitor Hardy installed it at 1024*(more than
> 768) - giving it a horrible elongated look. Previous versions didn't, so
> sometimes adjustment is necessary, methinks...

What I had meant to say was that you don't want to be deviating from the
monitor's native resolution. If Ubuntu has incorrectly detected this and
adjusted itself accordingly, some manual intervention might be required to
correct it.

--
"We will get the source code up on the Web - anybody who specifically wants a
copy can just ask." - Bill Gates, 2002