On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 18:35 +1000, Mark M Lambert wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:26:11 +1000, "James Takac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> said:
> > Hi Guys
> >
> > Just did the latest upgrade on my epc and lost wireless capability.
> > Worked
> > fine in gutsy before the update though. I was using the ndiswrapper. Just
> > checked to see if a new kernel has been installed and it has, i.e.
> > 2.6.22.15.
> > Works fine when booting into previous kernel so my Q is does anyone know
> > how
> > to get the eee pc's wifi going in the new kernel using ndiswrapper or do
> > need to look at the mad wifi drivers?
> >
> > James
>
> I've always used the madwifi drivers and they work fine for me, but have
> to recompile/reinstall after any kernel upgrade.

This is the most reliable way of doing it.  Hopefully Intrepid will
include the madwifi driver with the support for the atheros chipset the
eee pc uses.  The wiki docs make it pretty easy -
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EeePC

btw it is worth installing the netbook remix on an eee pc with hardy :)

Cheers

Dave