Chris Jones wrote:

> [...]

sorry for venting, but the current one just doesn't work at all for me. I did
not care that all windows opened in the
background, or that the font was tiny in the 2007 version. Hell even the
download of an update worked with 2007.

I am aware of the fact that the software was written with windows in mind,
windows only. This fact makes me wonder if they
really consider making this a multi platform software. Others did it already so
it is possible but I would assume that a
rewrite from scratch utilising current toolkits would be appropriate.
Who knows what they do, from experience they will do something which costs a
lot of money to the tax payer and will
probably increase the frustration factor for the taxpayer. I know this sounds
judgemental and I would really like to be
shown otherwise but this is what I read more than once regarding taxpayer money.

Regards,
Sebastian