Hi,
>From the bug reports on k3b there seems to be an issue when there are a
mixture of ide and scsi or sata drives. Apparently, from what I
understand, K3b is a front end using cdrado and as it was some time ago
that I spent researching this I can not remember the exact details in
the bug reports. I did spend a lot of time and cds trying the various
suggestions in the bug reports but eventually, after some weeks, gave
up.

I tried again last weekend and no updates had resolved the issues for
me. Not being a technophile, I am reluctant to blindly change config
files.

> I've never encountered anything that K3B couldn't burn that
> wasn't my fault.  If K3B and the Gnome equivalents are not working,
> there is very likely something wrong with your CD drive or media.

It is not media nor my dvd drives. It is either a setting I do not
know about or a bug that affects my combination of drives or the
ability to lock the drive. If there are settings for k3b

I did mean that I want to use a gui ...

But be that as it may, with respect, the issue of the file sizes was
avoided in your reply :-) <grin>

David