Hi,
Thanks Dave and Andre.
My problems become:
. must be currently available
. I am not sure where foomatic drivers fit in with CUPS and apps?
. I would prefer the "Perfectly" rather than "Mostly" compatible option.
. The HP Laserjet M1120 MFP is in my "add printer" list (foomatic
driver) but the OpenPrinting databse has it in "Mostly compatible". How
can I tell what I 'lose'?

David