Hi Fellow Ubuntu Folk :-)))

Just a quickie to say... I've fixed my problems with Amarok music player &
also some other problems too.

### Problem SOLVED !!! ###

I ended up doing lots of things... & I'm not exactly sure which thing I did
actually worked !!! *SMILE*

One thing I did was to reboot to a Gnome terminal shell (not sure if that's
exactly the correct term). And I used the command (which I found one a
Ubuntu help website)

sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restartsudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart

Then I discovered that the repositories were wrong!!! The were pointing to
Ubuntu repositories instead of Ubuntu Mint (Elyssa) ones. I used the Package
Manager to change them to Mint one's. Actually I managed get them all wrong!
E.g I had Mint 8 Repositories in the Package Manager... but they were not
correct.

SO ... I reboots and chose the Mint Recovery mode. And I then chose all 3
options for fixing problems!!! One of the boot up recovery options was to
fix the broken repositories... and I did that.

To my great happiness (poor wording, I know!!!) - my Ubuntu Mint (Elyssa) OS
is now working almost perfectly!!! *BIG SMILE & HAPPY GRIN**!!!

So now Ubuntu Amarok seems to work fine!

Yours with Love,
PEW

signing off from North Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.