G'day Matthew and All (K)ubuntu folk,

And also to the Ubuntu-au list and
the ubuntuli...@yahoogroup.com

G'day All

(my comments are below)

Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS
from Hobart, Tasmania, Australia -- phone (03) 6236-9675

My free website is: http://pewtas.googlepages.com  (or)
http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)

George Burns  - "You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get
old."

2009/1/25 Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flasc...@gatech.edu>

> Peter Williams wrote:
> > This website help me a lot:
> >
> > http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/puregnomehardy
> >
> > I ended up using the *Remove Kubuntu*
> > Pasting the command (in the black box) into the terminal shell (which is
> > an extremely long command!!!)
>
> The remove Kubuntu part obviously didn't give you a GUI (it just removes
> various KDE packages, and a lot of packages that aren't KDE-related at
> all), but it also has sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop at the end,
> which installs GNOME.

I'm happily using a very complicated GNOME system WITH KDE also. I *seems*
to be extremely stable and I'm very happy with it.

> > I'm now happily using AMAROK fantastic music playing program and
> > listening to some of my ripped music -- The Beatles!
>
> You realize Amarok is a KDE application, right?

Yes I know that. I don't really know what point you're trying to make. I
have GNOME DE happily co-existing with KDE (not sure what version). AMAROK
is working flawlessly!!!

I'm very happy with my desktop pc (I'm using now)!!!!

Yours Faithfully, Optimistically and With Much Love,
PEW aka PeterThePoet