Just heard a lady on the abc talking all the computers that will have
been lost in the bushfires ("and all the kids wanting to check facebook
for support"). While it's not the top priority for people just now, I
imagine that it may become so in the near future.

Does anyone know of any refurbishment initiatives that might be
providing PCs to Victoria that are jumping in to help? I'm not working
at the moment and would be happy to volunteer my Ubuntu installing
skills, as well as my hardware refurbishing talents, if needed.