Thought I'd sent this... dunno where it went tho'
it didn't appear in my own inbox

Subject: Re: ubuntu-au team meeting tues 14th july
From: Norm <njmcmil...@aanet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 07:13:03 +1000
To: ubuntu-au-boun...@lists.ubuntu.com

G'day all,
Don't often get the chance to join the meetings,
and this time of the year is worse! I would be
happy to see it postponed, 'though I do have some
thoughts engendered by a couple off recent events.

Y'know how Windows, Office, etc users always seem
to have a "go-to-guy" they can get help from? Like
the bloke/blokess down the street whom they can
ring for help? Maybe someone from
school/college/work? Well we don't have that sort
of penetration into the community at that basic
user level.

If we want to take Ubuntu and OOo in particular to
the next level of public acceptance we need to
find those sort of go-to-people.

I look forward to an animated discussion, if not
this month then next.

Norm McMillan
Mildura, Australia.
The Wintersun City

peter baker wrote:
 > hey guys
 >
 > according to our meeting team wiki we should
have a monthly meeting tomorrow night, tues 14th july

 > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/Meetings
 >
 > there are no agenda items at the moment, so I
propose we skip the meeting this month and resume
next month, on the second tuesday

 > what do people think?
 >
 > peter
 >
 > --
 > www.peter.id.au <http://www.peter.id.au>

Virus Database: 270.13.13/2236 - Release Date:
07/13/09 17:57:00

--

Norm McMillan
Mildura, Australia.