Hi Dean,

I gather you are referring to IRC, if so.
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #ubuntu-au

There is also a general chat channel too on the freenode server
Channel: #ubuntu-au-chat

Regards
Dale

2009/9/4 dean <deanubu...@gmail.com>:
> Is there an Australian LoCo irc channel?
>
> Regards
> Dean
>
> Dale wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am from Adelaide, and for me to getting to physical meetings it
>> about a 80Km round trip, and when I move soon to the other side of
>> town to the country it going to be a ~100Km round, hence this makes it
>> hard to do meetings.  Also at the new place I will not be on the
>> internet as often as I will be connected via GSM as there no ADSL up
>> there at the moment.
>>
>> At the moment I try my best to help out on IRC and the mailing list
>> when possible.  To the point of using facebook / twitter etc, they
>> sound good and all but some of use may / will not probably wish to use
>> them services.  I think the best thing to maybe do is promote the use
>> of the mail list and IRC channel(s) more for people to use, and keep
>> the confusion to a minimum for everyone.
>>
>> my 2 cents worth
>>
>> Regards
>> Dale
>>

> --

[WWW] http://southernvaleslug.org/
[IRC] #southern-vales.lug on irc.freenode.net
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
 thinking we were at when we created them"
 Albert Einstein