On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 11:30 -0700, fevrerippe96539 wrote:
> I've got 5 PCs that I'm trying to use to train disadvantaged young
> people. The problem is they are riddled with viruses and a firewall
> blocks me from updating them. The people in charge of maintaining the
> PCs won't fix them or give me the admin password (Win XP) to let me
> install a new or updated antivirus the centre is being shut down in a
> few months.
>
> If they were working, I could still do a lot with them, so I've been
> looking for a good online virus scan - but they all try to download a
> little .exe onto your PC first, and the settings on the PCs won't
> allow that.
>
> Suggestions? Solutions? Links?

Although this isn't really an ubuntu thing, download opcrack, rainbow
table cracker for Windows passwords.  Works a treat, I have used it a
few times to get into machines when I have been desperate.  More info
available at http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

At least that link gets it back onto the topic of Linux which is kinda
related to ubuntu.

Cheers

Dave