Hi Chris,

On Sun, 2010-03-28 at 22:11 +0000, Chris Taylor wrote:
> Hi I'm off on a holiday soon overseas and I don't know the first thing
> about setting up a Dialup internet can some kind person help me out

The modem in your laptop is most likely a winmodem, and either need
nonfree software or not work at all.  Dialup is really annoying to use
when overseas, and really expensive if using iPass.

Where are you off to?  In Europe and North America wifi is everywhere.
Get the right deal and wifi can be a cost effective way to to stay in
touch while away.

3G roaming fees are insane too.

Cheers

Dave