On Sun, 2010-04-18 at 02:03 +0100, richardmalter wrote:

> Hey folks, warm hello,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has experience connecting to a mobile Telstra
> broadband account - with a plug-in USB chip. Ubuntu is recognizing the
> chip but doesn't connect, anyone have any ideas? I am in VIC.
>
> Thank you.
>

> Richard

Are you using Ubuntu 9.10? If so, then don't use it - mobile broadband
got partially broken in 9.10. Ubuntu 10.04 fixes 9.10's known problems
in that regard and it comes out in about 12 days, or you could install
Beta 2 now.

I've been using 10.04 on my netbook for months, and on my desktop for
weeks, because of the mobile broadband situation.

Chris.