On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 22:25 +1000, Simon Ives wrote:

> I would like to know if anyone on this list is aware of any, however
> obscure, QLD State government policy that deals with electronic
> document formats.

I had a good poke around http://www.qgcio.qld.gov.au/ and couldn't find
anything.  There is policies on procurement of FOSS based solutions, but
not file formats.  I also noticed that the site is full of MS Word
documents, so I really doubt you will find a policy document to help you
on this one.

One thing to watch for too is that people will claim that OOXML is an
ISO standard, which it is, but not even MS Office complies with the
adopted standard.

Cheers

Dave