From: Chris Debenham <ch...@adebenham.com>
To: bryn mitchell <b...@mitchells.id.au>
Cc: ubuntu-au <ubuntu-au@lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Mon, 19 April, 2010 2:47:47 PM
Subject: Re: media centre build

I previously used a Microsoft MCE remote (works out of the box) but recently
moved to using a PS3 bluetooth remote so I don't need line-of-sight.
And yes, MythTV can record and play the same show.  Easiest way to go is just
watch LiveTV and at any time you can press pause.  In the background mythtv
will keep recording the video and keep it in a buffer ready for you to catch up
later.
I find I hardly ever watch livetv anymore though, mostly I set it to record
anything I want and then watch them 10-15 mins after they start so I can skip
the ads :-) (mind you I generally don't watch things even on the same day - I'm
generally a few days behind on my shows ;-) )