Could you find out the model of wireless card which is really
important for diagnosing. Run the lspci you may have to do that as
root ( sudo lspci ) and that will pretty much just list all PCI
devices. If you see your wireless card on that list it is a really
good thing because it means the operating system knows the device is
there and we can go from there. Either way I will need the model of
your wireless card and we can go from there. Cheers.