<quote who="colin mcdermott">

> Personally, I think that we need a Ubuntu Confrence in Australia. This
> confrence should be conducted on a yearly/bi-yearly basis (perhaps inpart
> online/through a web hookup), we talk all things Ubuntu and we elect our
> leaders there accepting online votes from anyone not there. There could be
> simultanious confrences, but the point is this:

Why not arrange an Ubuntu event before linux.conf.au (being one of the best
Free Software conferences in the world and our biggest and brightest FLOSS
event)... although in recent years separate single-distro miniconfs have not
been selected, there is always the option of holding a special event before
the conference proper (much like FOMS).

Just a thought. Go where the people are and all.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu's Bleeding Edge                      http://ubuntuedge.wordpress.com/

                   No match for "LINUSWEARSTHEPANTS.ORG".