On 28/06/10 20:06, Daniel Sobey wrote:
On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 18:34 +1000, Dean wrote:
Hi all this is my first request to the oz team, having trouble finding
and installing correct java for my system. One from ubun software not
configured for my particular system. Is there a team member near
hervey bay qld I can contact to step me through this problem. Your
suggestions would be appreciated. Ta Dean

install icetea6-plugin and openjdk-6-jre

Hi Dean,

Good to see you made it onto the list!

My experience with Ubuntu karmic (9.04) and earlier is that sun-java6-plugin has a lot wider compatibility than the openjdk equivalent. On lucid it may be improved.

You can install it via Ubuntu software centre if you have the multiverse repository enabled (see System -> Adminstration -> Software sources to do this).

Regards,
Paul