I have another suggestion that might work for you Peter.

I work exclusively in a Windows environment configuring enterprise-level
Windows software but from my Linux laptop.  I have a number of virtual
machines with all flavours of Windows (Server and PC) for implementing
and testing.  These machines allow me to interact completely at work
with all my 'poor cousins' stuck in the M$ world yet retain my autonomy
and work within my preferred Linux environment.  I use VirtualBox and
have to say that performance-wise there is very little appreciable
difference when running any Windows machine as guest.  I have complete
interaction with my Linux file system and pass through to iso images,
usb devices as well as full network (internet etc) connectivity.  And
the best part?  Because it is a virtual machine I don't need any virus
protection whatsoever because at the end of the day I am just working
within a single file that can be copied, deleted, rebuilt whatever.  So
my plan to get around your Pando requirement would be to install
VirtualBox, build yourself an XP or Win 7 virtual machine, install Pando
and enjoy.

Cheers,

Rob