On 9 March 2011 17:59, Jared Norris <jrnor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Feel free to suggest anything you like for the site but please make
> sure it's going to contribute to the website, not just be there so we
> can say we have it.

Jared and ??jra2011 (apologies if I got the nick wrong) did some work
looking at the calendaring issues with the u.org.au site vs the
loco.u.com site and providing a readable on-line calendar for the
major calendaring applications .  This happened after the meeting in
the #ubuntu-au channel the other night.

I tend to use thunderbird + lightning and google calendar.

Interestingly the loco.u.com calendar I was able to import as a
network calendar, but the time zone was messed up (ie not recognised
as being in UTC, lightning assumed the times were local time).

As a workaround I imported into google calendar and subscribed to the
calendar feed from there.  Google Calendar imported the times
correctly.

I suspect this is a bug in lightning but worth being aware of.

Unfortunately the calendar on the u.org.au site wouldn't import at all.

Why am I putting this out there?  Well, for me to be able to
participate, it really helps to be able to have a dynamic calendar I
can rely on being updated by the team, so I can effectively coordinate
my non-ubuntu activities alongside.  Plus it makes us look like we
know what we're doing.

I'm not a drupal person (I have a limited amount of joomla
experience), but I'd be happy to do any calendar testing that is
needed.  I would anticipate testing with evolution, lightning and
google calendar, or any other calendaring software that team members
nominate.

Hope this helps,

MoLE