----- Original Message ----

From: Jared Norris <jrnor...@gmail.com>
To: Chris Robinson <fabricat...@yahoo.com>
Cc: ubuntu-au@lists.ubuntu.com
Sent: Fri, 29 July, 2011 6:28:13 PM
Subject: Re: Software Freedom Day - Brisbane

Chris,

Good to see you're keen. As for the venue I had a couple of ideas but
nothing solid, so far I was thinking either we could try to find a
computer market, a general market, shopping centre or library to
invade for the day. The problem with that is I have no idea how good
the local Brisbane computer market is, does anyone have any feedback
on if it's well attended?

Hi Jared,

I think the markets are on Sunday, I can't find mention of a Saturday market.
It might be a bit hit-or-miss, but you'd expect at least 120-150 through the
door at any of the venues, possibly a lot more.

The Library idea sounds interesting.

How about taking over a coffee shop for the day?  Find a nice trendy one with
plenty of space that wouldn't mind a bunch of geeks talking to their customers,
and maybe setting up a laptop or two.

The QUT open day is this Sunday, unfortunately I could not get organised in
time, and it doesn't really fit into the SFD anyway...

Chris