On 26 August 2011 12:40, Anthony <i.lurve.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to share with you all my secret addiction to this Firefox Add-on.
> Stumbleupon is awesome if you're bored and need to kill some time looking at
> things on the web that interest you.
>
> Basically you pick topics that only interest you and Stumbleupon brings you
> pages on those topics voted by people all over the
> world to be the most interesting.
>
> Here's a brief intro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D_a-h4XFMo
>
> How does this apply to Ubuntu you say?  If you add from the hundreds of
> topics the "Open Source" and "Linux/Unix" topic groups,
> you can discover lots of new and different projects currently being used or
> in development that may work with Ubuntu.
>
> Easiest way to install it is to start Firefox, goto "Tools" -> "Add-ons" and
> in the search bar at the top right type in "Stumbleupon", click "install"
> and restart Firefox.
>
> Making a new account only needs an email address and a nickname and your
> set.
>
> Have fun!
>
> Octatron
>

> --

I had this installed a few years ago. I found it too involving and
sometimes I'd realise I'd spent 3 hours just hitting that silly little
button. For those of us with no self control or no concept of time
when sitting at a computer this thing is dangerous. So it's only fault
was, it was too good.

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)