A category 1 meeting room would seem to fit the bill nicely, and the costs are
quite reasonable - we could cover that with just a chook raffle (just
kidding).  I note that it says laptop connectivity, but it doesn't actually say
internet connection.

Regarding planning and funding: Plan the cart you would like to push out to
start with, then see if any horses come along.  As far as manpower is
concerned, there's no problem here - I will be there.

I've got a script that I just wrote to make updating a new installation a
little more painless.  You do the new  install from the "try ubuntu" boot and
with no internet connection (so the install only takes about 15 minutes) and
when you run the script it puts all the current .deb files into the correct
directory on the target.  When the system is then logged in and updated it only
has to download the software lists and update the cache - all the updates are
already there.  If the target directory has not been created by ubiquity the
script waits until it is.  As an extra benefit it works with any release, based
on the major kernel version, you just need to have the .deb files for any
release that you want to update. (and of course I have a creation tool for the
archives as well.)

I'm happy to have some meetings regarding this, is an IRC meeting suitable?

Chris