I found 4 ethernet cables of varying lengths, so I've tagged them with my name and chucked them in my bag with a backup modem/router. I'm also bringing 3 mice (1 wired, 2 wireless) if anyone needs to borrow them.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad. Please excuse any brevity or typos.

On 05/01/2012 10:40 PM, Jared Norris <jrnor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's finally working. I was having issues mounting the right
> file in the right location for apt-get to pick up that it was where it
> needed to be. Finally I think:
>
>  ln -s /path/to/USB/ubuntu/archive /var/www/ubuntu
>
> Is how it works ok. I'll double check tomorrow after sleep. If it
> works perfectly then I'll document this all so it's easy to replicate
> in future.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris

Confirmed working, thanks everyone for your help. I now have the
laptop set up as a server for dhcp, bind and webserving. I have a
wireless access point, a switch and a wireless broadband modem all
working as they should.

If anyone is able to bring in some network cables that would be great.
We're still looking for some of them if people can help out it would
be greatly appreciated.