Hi all,

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 5:15 PM, john_cul...@purencool.com
<john_cul...@purencool.com> wrote:
> I have some ppa that are getting a 404 failed to get. I don't need them at
> all but
> when I update the are starting to annoy me.  I have found them in the file
> path below
> sudo vim  /etc/apt/sources.list.d but I cant remove them from the file. It
> asks me to do the following

>  I am not confident enough to go further without knowing what is going on.
> My question is what is going and is this the right way to get rid of
> a ppa?

This is because /etc/apt/sources.list.d is not a file, but a
directory.  If you cd into the directory you will see a list of files,
which should be named similarly to the ppa you want to remove.  Just
remove the file, or edit it to comment out the line you no longer need
and you should be done.  Or you can open up Update Manager, click on
Settings, then Other Software, and remove the PPA from there as well.

Thanks,
Brad
--
Brad Marshall