On 27/08/12 21:07, Josh McFarlane wrote:

Hi Juan,
I would recommend trying an apt-get purge gcc.

Given he is running 7.10 which was EOL in more than 3 years ago that will mean that he loses gcc - which I don't think is Juan's aim.

I would recommend trying to upgrade to 8.04, 10.04 and 12.04 or reinstall using a newer supported version of ubuntu.

Cheers

Dave

Best of luck,
Josh.