As a perpetual non-expert supporter of open software who likes to try out distros in separate partitions on a single HDD, I've got to say the bootloader is a huge issue for very unadvanced multi linux installs. It is sad to experience competing linux distributions treating each other like enemies, and MS OSs as best friends. Is there any possibility - ever - of a bootmanager that can allow hitherto incompatible distros to peacefully coexist on a single HDD?
Cheers
Alan Kerns