Hello everyone,

I guess Jared Norris may recognize my name. For those who don't know me yet, this is my Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad

For the last 4 years, I have been one of the most super active contributors to Ubuntu Communities and during that time, I have started my own projects such us:

StartUbuntu
and
ToriOS
and more ..

Also, I had some real life activities like: converting 61 machines to GNU/Linux:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu/Activities/ConvertCompetition

Have not updated my record yet from 60 to 61 :)

Now, my entire real life has changed. I am in Sydney (Australia) now. I'd like to join you and put all my experience, knowledge, activities, projects, etc at your service and the entire country.

For the last 4 years, most of my activities were online. Now, I am very much interested to go for another challenge and move these activities to real life. Where I came from (Dubai), there are very and I mean VERY few people know are using GNU/Linux. Speaking of 61 machines converted, only very few people (owners of these machines) have heard about it and 99% of those who have heard about it, had used it. And, I know people over there tend to use either Mac or Windows which is a fact that I don't like at all and have tried to changed it and managed to change the life of 61 machines, a side from others that I haven't converted myself.

Now, it is time for a real challenge. Convert people in real life to GNU/Linux.

I have just arrived very recently and I haven't yet done anything except getting new phone number. This is the 2nd email I send while I am here and it happens that you are the first team I am contacting :) I haven't even contacted my teams like (Ubuntu GNOME, ToriOS and StartUbuntu).

I'd like to meet you all if possible and I'd like to help as much as I can. Those who have worked side by side with me, they can vouch for my ability to help, beside my skills and knowledge :)

Some might not believe all what is written on a Wiki Page. Yes, I do like to prove that rather than asking people to read :D

Hope you accept me in this team and hope I could help with everything I have in hands.

Thanks and sorry for the long email.

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad