Am Donnerstag, den 01.12.2005, 11:53 -0500 schrieb John Dong:
> It's still in consideration whether or not it'll happen. Right now,
> there's a forum sticky in which I'm documenting my progress towards
> doing it.
>
> Currently, around 50 source packages depend on firefox and will likely
> require rebuilding. In addition, whether or not security updates can
> be assured is unclear.
>
> I'm providing EXPERIMENTAL packages at
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=125877&package_id=171041
>  for the impatient early testers. I'm uploading source packages too but that
> takes so damn long... (compiled with no modifications except changelog).
> Currently, the locale packages don't install anymore after doing this, and
> several programs (in the big list of apt-get rdepends) segfault without a
> rebuild.
>

> A Firefox 1.5 backport is certainly possible, but it'll be a struggle
> and a lot more thought is required before recklessly pushing the
> backport button :)
>
> On 12/1/05, Shot - Piotr Szotkowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         Hello.
>
>         ulrich steffens:
>
>         > since firefox 1.5 was released earlier this
>         > week, will there be a backport for firefox?
>
>         Most probably - no. There are too many components depending on
>         Firefox.
>
>         For example, I've rebuilt Dapper's 1.4.99+1.5rc3.dfsg-1ubuntu3
>         for my
>         Breezy install and Firefox works as a browser, but the System
>         | Help is
>         broken (most probably Yelp needs a rebuild against the new
>         firefox-dev).
>
>         Cheers,
>         -- Shot
>         --
thanks for the answers!
i'm not that much of a 'break my ubuntu' guy, so maybe I'll just stick
with a vmware-ubuntu and experiment a bit. fortunately there was a
german computermagazine which had a 1 year license for vmware featured
on one of the attached cds. should buy me enuogh time to test 1.5...

have a nice day

ulrich

--
ulrich steffens