It seems to me that backporting this now, without the SRU done is
exactly what the "Backports are for bug fixes" policy was meant prevent.
Backports is not a way to avoid doing SRUs.  The SRU should be easy
enough.  If you need help with it, I'll help.  In the meantime, I'm
Won't Fixing this until the SRU is done.

** Changed in: feisty-backports (upstream)

--
Backport Inkscape to 0.45.1-1ubuntu3 to feisty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/96586