leps wrote:
> Hi guys, I was able to build pidgin no problem but I couldn't really figure
> out how to get the gaim-otr package to work.  Did anyone else get it working
> with pidgin?  I guess it would be pidgin-otr now.
>
> On 8/16/07, Neatchee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> The nautilus-sendto issue isn't something we would work on.  Submit a
>> bug report (report à la bug) to the nautilus-sendto developers :)
>>
>> By request, we've also included pidgin-sipe in our repo, which adds
>> support for the IM features of SIP/E.  As I understand it, the protocol
>> also works with Live Communication Server messaging.
>>
>> --
>> Backport Pidgin 2.0.0 Final to Fiesty
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/112511
>> You received this bug notification because you are a direct subscriber
>> of the bug.

If you are using our repository, you should simply do "sudo apt-get
install pidgin-otr" and restart pidgin, Off-the-Record Messaging should
appear in the list of plugins.  After that, you're getting into actual
configuration of OTR, for which you can find help all over the interwebs :)

If you're NOT using our repository, then you should be XD  Haha, just
kidding.  We included instructions on our website
(www.trausch.us/pidgin) for building OTR successfully for Pidgin.  It
requires a few tweaks to the build-deps but it works just fine.  If you
want detailed instructions on how to get OTR 3.1.0 working (since Gutsy
repos still only have 3.0.0), feel free to email us (as this isn't
really a build-help forum).

--
Backport Pidgin 2.0.0 Final to Fiesty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/112511
Backporters, which is the registrant for Feisty Backports.