It builds fine under Feisty, but it didn't show up as an available
version, so I used dpkg -i to install them and got this:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gnucash:
 gnucash depends on libgoffice-0-3 (>= 0.3.7) | libgoffice-gtk-0-3 (>= 0.3.7);
however:
  Package libgoffice-0-3 is not installed.
  Package libgoffice-gtk-0-3 is not installed.

SO I manually installed libgoffice-0-3 and libgoffice-gtk-0-3 (feisty
versions) and gnucash finished installing properly.

Packaging issue?

SO GnuCash 2.2.1 builds, installs (with minor effort) and runs under
feisty prevu.

--
Backport GnuCash 2.2.1
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/148306