Jérôme,

Had you previously installed AWN from source?

Julien,

1) I think I tracked down the cache issue in Bug #236604

2) Any reason why awn-manager isn't a Depends in Debian? Keeping the
Ubuntu package and the Debian package as close as possible is always a
good thing. Then we only need to fix in one place and sync to Ubuntu.
Not having to find sponsors in both distros would make fixes quicker.

3) I think the best approach to getting this backported is to fix it in
Intrepid (or in Debian, then sync from Sid) then backport the new
package. Maybe some one on the Ubuntu Backports Testing Team could weigh
in on the ease or difficulty of making a Hardy specific change in the
backport?

--
Please backport avant-window-navigator  (0.2.6-6) from Intrepid to Hardy
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/235875