** Description changed:

  The newest version of Jack is available in Jaunty: jack-audio-
  connection-kit 0.116.1-1ubuntu1.  It would be great to get this
  backported, because the Intrepid version is so buggy it causes serious
  problems with home recording and music production.  Quoted from the
  release announcement (2008-12-05) at jackaudio.org:

  "On behalf of the JACK development community, I am happy to announce the
  release of JACK 0.116.0. This is an important release, because it fixes
  all the problems reported with 0.115.6 and now makes 0.109.2 completely
  obsolete. Nobody should be using 0.109.2 within a few weeks, and even
  that is only to allow for distributions to update.

  "As usual, upgrading to this new version does not require clients to be
  rebuilt or relinked. Packagers should note that there really are
  manpages for most of the "tools" clients now (unlike the claim in
  0.115.6). These manpages will improve as we get closer to 1.0, as will
  netjack which remains a hotbed of development activity thanks to
  Torben."

  Thanks, backporters!
+
+ EDIT:  a silly oversight on my part:  the package name that includes the
+ jack connection kit is "jackd."  See:
+ http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/jackd

--
Please backport jack-audio-connection-kit 0.116.1 from Jaunty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/314722