Yes many people need this. But there is noone who can do it :(
I've managed to backport a 5.2 version, the cgi version is even running, but
the mod_php5 gets a segfault, don't know why. At the moment i do not have time
to debug apache2 (this is not a very easy task i think).

The main problem is the changed Packges after 6.06, there are so many
changes regarding apache the APR (Apache Portable Runtime) and so on. So
i used a Backport from hardy to feisty (found in a ppa, done by a paid
man for a company) - but no success.

So stay tuned - maybe sometime it will work.

Anyone with Canonical comercial support here? Maybe we should ask them
to provide it?

--
php5.2 backport request
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/78771