That's the reason, but we're also working on fixing it.  We are in the
process of completing the backport by upgrading all plasmoids to work
with libplasma3.  In the meantime, if you remove the libplasma2 package
and then sudo apt-get install kdeplasma-addons it should complete the
core KDE install.  It will remove non-essential plasmoids.  Once we have
those updated, then you'll be able to reinstall them.  This should be
done in the next day or two.

Backporting all of KDE is a huge job and so it's taking a few days to
get it all done.

** Changed in: intrepid-backports

--
unable to install kdeplasma-addons (unmet dependency)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/332750