0.9.9 is now in Karmic, so it's not an upgrade bug anymore. To get 0.9.9 in
Jaunty, this bug needs to change to a backport request, and you need to find a
few people to test the bacported packages in Jaunty.
I've got packages for Jaunty to test on my ppa at
https://launchpad.net/~loic-martin3/+archive/ppa/+files/s3cmd_0.9.9-2~jaunty1_all.deb
 ; however I can't test them myself since I never used the program nor the
Amazon service.

If 2 or 3 people could test them on Jaunty then the backport could be
considered. However, without any feedback it won't work, since nobody
would know for sure that it won't break on end user desktops.

** Also affects: jaunty-backports

** Changed in: s3cmd (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: jaunty-backports

** Summary changed:

- Please upgrade s3cmd to 0.9.9
+ Please backport s3cmd 0.9.9 to Jaunty

** Description changed:

- New upstream release s3cmd 0.9.9 is available. Please upgrade at least
- for Jaunty.
-
-
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=178907&package_id=218690
+ Please backport s3cmd 0.9.9 to Jaunty.

--
Please backport s3cmd 0.9.9 to Jaunty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/333651