Public bug reported:

Please backport python_django version 1.1.1 from karmic.

The current version of python-django in jaunty (1.0.2) is completely
outdated. Many essential features in django has appeared since then and
are pretty much standard in django apps these days.

I have backported python-django version 1.1.1 to jaunty by upgrading the jaunty
package to version 1.1.1. The reason is, that updates in the karmic package
(debhelper version upgraded, etc.) requires a long chain of backports of other
tools. This is why this version of the package has the release string
-0ubuntu1~jaunty1.

I am developing a django app using various version of Ubuntu. This jaunty port
has worked for me for a couple of months without any problems.

** Affects: jaunty-backports

--
Please backport django_1.1.1 from karmic
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/552721