I have reviewed the requirements and I do not believe the drush backport
will cause any problem to other packages, being a leaf package (for
now). Drush 4.4 is also much more featureful and has bugfixes that are
not present in the 3.3 package, which maybe could warrant a SRU instead,
but those are fairly minor bugs...

** Also affects: lucid-backports

** Also affects: maverick-backports

** Changed in: drush (Ubuntu)

Backporters, which is subscribed to lucid-backports.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/755169

Title:
  backport drush into lucid  LTS (or maverick?) once in natty