Eliah, the thoroughness of your review is definitely appreciated, though
in the future there's no need to test more than one architecture.

ACK from backports for natty.

I've also uploaded test backports to ppa:broder/backports-tests for
lucid and maverick, and opened matching tasks on this bug. Feel free to
do the same for them once they've been tested.

As far as the Unity-related issues, I'm not sure what the right solution
is there. I'm looking into it, and I'll try to point you in the right
direction when I figure it out. It does look like there's an outstanding
bug to make appmenu-gtk handle fullscreen apps better (bug #591189)

** Changed in: natty-backports

** Also affects: maverick-backports

** Changed in: maverick-backports

** Also affects: lucid-backports

** Changed in: lucid-backports

Backporters, which is the registrant for natty-backports.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/783006

Title:
  A request for FocusWriter