Hi Alex - Thanks for reporting this. Instead of continuing to use gnome-
open, which has been deprecated, I'm going to switch the package to
using gvfs-open, which is the new GNOME-sanctioned replacement for
gnome-open. (http://git.gnome.org/browse/gedit-
latex/commit/?id=4166f494ca26e1ef0540652fc1658e9dc31e6a0d)

Once the package has been uploaded to Precise, then we can look into
backporting the fix to oneiric-backports. In the mean time, I'm going to
mark the oneiric-backports task as Incomplete.

Backporters, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/897346

Title:
  gedit-latex-plugin should recommend libgnome2-0